Phoebe Isabella Neff-Cooper

Welcome to Phoebe's blog.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Mario Saves the Day, Mom Has a Shower, Some Sad News


So, Dad's friend Mario came over and painted my room a few days ago. Mario's a contractor. Mario made it look easy. . . much easier than Dad made it look . . . Don't tell Dad I said that.

It looks really good and really soothing. Mom thought it looked like toothpaste (whatever that means). But then she decided she loves it. Dad thinks it looks like mint chocolate chip ice cream (?). Bubie says it looks like lime. Dad says he's right, so ignore everyone else. I hear that a lot these days from down in the bottom of Mommy's tummy - "Remember, Dad is always right. . .Dad is always right. . .Dad is always right." It kind of sticks in my head whenever I try to go to sleep. He's a strange guy, my Dad.


Yesterday, Mom's friends came over and gave her a shower. Everyone was telling Mom she looks great, but I know she has a hard time believing it. Of course, I know she looks great because she is, after all, carrying me around:) I kept pretty quiet during the shower because I've never been in a room with so many women's voices and I just wanted to take it all in. They all seemed to be having a pretty good time - lots of laughing, which I always love - my own personal roller-coaster ride:) One of Mom's friends, Nedra, made her wear a silly bonnet made out of ribbons and tissue paper. Even my glowing Mom had trouble pulling that one off! I really cleaned up, again, at the shower - I hope people keep wanting to give me gifts like this after I'm born!!

It's been kind of a hard week for Mom and Dad. Mom's Dad died last week. I don't really know what that means, but I know Mom's been pretty sad about it and pretty worried about her Mom. I try to distract her by giving her a few good kicks and jabs every so often and I've also starting having the hiccups, which she and Dad think are pretty cute.

P.I.N.C.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger Bubie and Grandpa said…

    More blogs!! More blogs!! Waiting with enthusiasm...but no pressure. Love, Bubie and Grandpa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home