getting into the groove; Phoebe "I pee freely" Neff-Cooper; father's day
Well, after a couple of nights of not letting my parents sleep for more than 2 or 3 hours total and rejecting every trick they tried, I decided to give in and let them rest for real!! Thanks to Mommy's friend Jana, my parents now have a swaddle that thwarts my continual attempts to escape and wake myself up. It's called the burrito wrap, but Dad thinks it makes me look like a California roll. In the bargain, I made my way into bed with them and it looks like I'll be there for a while - Yeah Me;)
Mom and Dad are still struggling with my habit of peeing all over everything when they're changing me - I love it - it makes me feel so relaxed to pee so freely. Mom and Dad try everything - they try to keep the first diaper in place, they try moving it, they try a rain dance in hopes of getting me to pee on command. Silly people. I just smile inside, wait until my legs are up and I have the best chance of soaking my fresh onesy, and I let go. It's a lot of fun to hear Mom and Dad get so frustrated. However, it does usually mean an additional change of clothes, which I hate. Too bad I have no idea about cause and effect yet.

June 17th was Dad's first Father's Day. I hung out with him while he watched the US Open. I don't think I was much comfort re Tiger losing, but Dad did seem pretty happy bouncing me around and singing to me, which I of course of love. Then I took Dad out to Spiesekammer and bought him a beer. Well, Mom bought him the beer, but I got the credit since he's my Dad.

Other than all that, my second + week out here in the world was pretty similar to the first, though Mom and Dad say I change every day just a little bit.
I sleep and dream of being Elvis. . .

I sleep and pretend I'm a baby gorilla. . .

I sleep peacefully on my freshly cleaned changing pad (after having ealier pooped and peed all over it - Dad says the results look like Jackson Pollack working with excrement). . .

I sleep on my mom's chest in her snazzy new baby bjorn (Dad says that to be a parent in the Bay Area, you are required to go out and buy one of these things). They look uncomfortable, but I really enjoy being next to Mom's chest.

I drink Mom's milk until I'm drunk. . .then I sleep. . .

And then, at about 10 pm, I wake up, and like to keep my parents up with me for most of the night. . .
All in all, I think my parents are doing a pretty good job - now if I could just get them to relax like me - especially that Mommy of mine - what a stress ball!!! I'm more than 2 weeks old now, and I feel pretty wise. I've been around the block a few times (literally), and feel like I can handle just about anything. We'll see what comes next.
Until next time,
P.I.N.C.
Mom and Dad are still struggling with my habit of peeing all over everything when they're changing me - I love it - it makes me feel so relaxed to pee so freely. Mom and Dad try everything - they try to keep the first diaper in place, they try moving it, they try a rain dance in hopes of getting me to pee on command. Silly people. I just smile inside, wait until my legs are up and I have the best chance of soaking my fresh onesy, and I let go. It's a lot of fun to hear Mom and Dad get so frustrated. However, it does usually mean an additional change of clothes, which I hate. Too bad I have no idea about cause and effect yet.

June 17th was Dad's first Father's Day. I hung out with him while he watched the US Open. I don't think I was much comfort re Tiger losing, but Dad did seem pretty happy bouncing me around and singing to me, which I of course of love. Then I took Dad out to Spiesekammer and bought him a beer. Well, Mom bought him the beer, but I got the credit since he's my Dad.

Other than all that, my second + week out here in the world was pretty similar to the first, though Mom and Dad say I change every day just a little bit.
I sleep and dream of being Elvis. . .

I sleep and pretend I'm a baby gorilla. . .

I sleep peacefully on my freshly cleaned changing pad (after having ealier pooped and peed all over it - Dad says the results look like Jackson Pollack working with excrement). . .

I sleep on my mom's chest in her snazzy new baby bjorn (Dad says that to be a parent in the Bay Area, you are required to go out and buy one of these things). They look uncomfortable, but I really enjoy being next to Mom's chest.

I drink Mom's milk until I'm drunk. . .then I sleep. . .

And then, at about 10 pm, I wake up, and like to keep my parents up with me for most of the night. . .
All in all, I think my parents are doing a pretty good job - now if I could just get them to relax like me - especially that Mommy of mine - what a stress ball!!! I'm more than 2 weeks old now, and I feel pretty wise. I've been around the block a few times (literally), and feel like I can handle just about anything. We'll see what comes next.
Until next time,
P.I.N.C.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home