Phoebe Isabella Neff-Cooper

Welcome to Phoebe's blog.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Wide Awake and All Smiles

I looked in the mirror today, and I felt really old. . .six weeks tomorrow. I'm going through my infant adolescence, and my face is kind of red and splotchy with lots of 'baby acne.' But, I'm not worried because everyone keeps telling me that six weeks old is the new 4 weeks, so I have tons of time to stay a baby.



As you can see, I'm wide awake. Mom and Dad used to fret a lot about the fact that I was so sleepy. They aren't worried any more. Sure, I have my sleepy day here and there, but for the most part, I'm wide-eyed and taking it all in. Now my parents try everything to get me to sleep:

My Dad went out and spent an "obscene" amount of money on a swing that I don't really care for. The picture is just him spinning the facts - I hardly ever sleep in that thing. It has music and sounds and a spinning mobile and a planetarium light show in it. Bah! It just kind of annoys me.



Then they brought in a secret weapon - Mom's postpartum doula, Jessica. She's good. Very dangerous. She brought in this long wrap that Mommy or Daddy wear and put me in. It's so cozy, I can hardly ever resist drifting off to sleep. For a while.



Mommy and Daddy are very lucky though, because I still sleep pretty well at night. . .for now.

The other big news is that I've been smiling lately. Nothing too obvious - always keep them wanting more. Dad says my smiles are like Big Foot or the Loch Ness Monster - he sees them, but he can never seem to get a good photo of them. I just tell them to be patient.





Not much else to report. Things are going well though. I'm growing and changing and getting more interested in the world around me every day.

More soon!

Love,
Phoebe

3 Comments:

  • At 4:10 PM, Blogger Bubie and Grandpa said…

    We think you are the cutest!! You will never bore your mommy and daddy which is wonderful, because they both love interesting people. We can't wait to get our hands on you in August. Hugs and kisses....B & G

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger VDV Family said…

    I miss you already little Phoebe. Good job keeping your mom and dad on their toes. That is your job right now (:

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger New Orleans Work Team said…

    What a wide-eyed alert little girl you are...hope I get to meet you before too long.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home