The Big Two!!!!!
That's right, I'm two months old! August 1st was my birthday, and Mom and Dad can't believe how fast the time is flying by. They admit that they've been pretty poor bloggers so far, and they have promised me that they'll load this post with tons of pictures to get you all caught up on the events of the past weeks.

So, first off, it was indeed my 2 month birthday. Mom and Dad said we were going to celebrate by taking me out for shots. That didn't seem very appropriate at my age, until I realized that they meant to take me to the doctor for my first vaccinations. Boy, that was not fun. But I only cried for a minute or so, and it was a lot harder on Mom and Dad.
But the important thing is that we updated my vital statistics: I'm now 11 lbs 4 oz! That means I put on almost 3 lbs in 2 months. And now I'm 22 1/4 inches long. Pretty exciting how fast I'm growing. I'm getting pretty chunky!
So what else has been going on lately?. . . .
My baby acne peaked (and then went away, yippee!), just about the same time that I grew this cute tuft of hair on top of my head. Dad calls me "Sprout". . .

I met my Grammie!!! She flew out from Connecticut to see us, and helped Mom and Dad a lot. She cooked, and cleaned, and held me, and took some great pictures. Dad didn't get a good picture of her though, because she was fixated on me. She's coming back in October, and I can't wait!

Grammie did what Dad couldn't do, and caught me smiling. . .

Dad went back to work (very sad), but he plays with me on the couch every morning, and sometimes doesn't get very far before he falls asleep with me. . .


I outgrew my newborn clothes, and Mom helped me wear some of my bigger-girl outfits - including this frilly little number that my Aunt Jane bought me. . .

I found my thumb. . .


All in all, the family is doing really well. We go out for walks, and we spend lots of time together. I'm sleeping great, and am eating really well. Nursing with Mom is getting better and better, and we have a great routine of eating, sleeping, walking and going out for little trips during the day. Mom takes me to her moms group every week, and I get to be with all the other babies. And Mom graduated from her doula Jessica, which is exciting. Jessica is babysitting for me this weekend so that Mom and Dad can celebrate by going out on their first date! Yeah right, we'll see if they can stand being away from me.


So, that's the big news. Next week we are taking our first long trip down to Bakersfield to see Bubie and Grandpa and Aunt Elanor! And I'm finally going to meet my Uncle Ryan and Cousin Wilken! It's going to be so great. And Mom and Dad are soooo excited to be around people who are as obsessed with my every move as they are. Should be a really fun time, and I promise I'll have some good pictures for you.

So, first off, it was indeed my 2 month birthday. Mom and Dad said we were going to celebrate by taking me out for shots. That didn't seem very appropriate at my age, until I realized that they meant to take me to the doctor for my first vaccinations. Boy, that was not fun. But I only cried for a minute or so, and it was a lot harder on Mom and Dad.
But the important thing is that we updated my vital statistics: I'm now 11 lbs 4 oz! That means I put on almost 3 lbs in 2 months. And now I'm 22 1/4 inches long. Pretty exciting how fast I'm growing. I'm getting pretty chunky!
So what else has been going on lately?. . . .
My baby acne peaked (and then went away, yippee!), just about the same time that I grew this cute tuft of hair on top of my head. Dad calls me "Sprout". . .

I met my Grammie!!! She flew out from Connecticut to see us, and helped Mom and Dad a lot. She cooked, and cleaned, and held me, and took some great pictures. Dad didn't get a good picture of her though, because she was fixated on me. She's coming back in October, and I can't wait!

Grammie did what Dad couldn't do, and caught me smiling. . .

Dad went back to work (very sad), but he plays with me on the couch every morning, and sometimes doesn't get very far before he falls asleep with me. . .


I outgrew my newborn clothes, and Mom helped me wear some of my bigger-girl outfits - including this frilly little number that my Aunt Jane bought me. . .

I found my thumb. . .
All in all, the family is doing really well. We go out for walks, and we spend lots of time together. I'm sleeping great, and am eating really well. Nursing with Mom is getting better and better, and we have a great routine of eating, sleeping, walking and going out for little trips during the day. Mom takes me to her moms group every week, and I get to be with all the other babies. And Mom graduated from her doula Jessica, which is exciting. Jessica is babysitting for me this weekend so that Mom and Dad can celebrate by going out on their first date! Yeah right, we'll see if they can stand being away from me.


So, that's the big news. Next week we are taking our first long trip down to Bakersfield to see Bubie and Grandpa and Aunt Elanor! And I'm finally going to meet my Uncle Ryan and Cousin Wilken! It's going to be so great. And Mom and Dad are soooo excited to be around people who are as obsessed with my every move as they are. Should be a really fun time, and I promise I'll have some good pictures for you.

2 Comments:
At 2:55 PM,
VDV Family said…
You are getting more and more adorable. I love the pictures of you sucking your thumb! Happy 2-month b-day. You are spoiling your parents with your sleeping. We'll see if Wilken rubs off on you next weekend (: Just kidding.
Love: your Aunt, Uncle, cousin, and soon to be cousin.
At 7:36 PM,
Aunt Janet said…
Hi Phoebe (and mom & dad). I have so been looking forward to seeing you but now I am sad. I will be leaving Bkfd on Wed and won't get back until Saturday. I do hope you will hang around until Sunday so i can snuggle you.
Love, Aunt Janet
Post a Comment
<< Home